Certificate issuing services temporarily suspended during the New Year holidays
The Student Office’s certificate issuing services will be temporarily suspended from December 27, 2022 (Tue) to January 5, 2022 (Thurs).
1. Usage Suspension Period
<Automatic Certificate Dispenser in front of the Student Office>
Usage suspended from 18:00 on Monday, December 26, 2022 until 9:00 on Friday, January 6, 2023.
<Automatic Certificate Dispenser in the APU Library>
Usage suspended from 18:00 on Monday, December 26, 2022 until 10:00 on Friday, January 6, 2023.
2.The following chart shows the dates certificates will be available for pick-up at the Student Office counter and the certificate mailing dates for those who applied via survey, as well as the mailing date for those who applied via the certificate issuing service and who chose to have the certificate mailed directly to them.
|Application Deadlines||Period certificates will be available for pick-up／Date certificates will be posted|
|Applications received by December 22 (Thurs)||
*Pick-up at Student Office counter: From Monday, Dec. 26
*Receive by mail: Certificates will be posted on Monday, Dec. 26
|Applications received by December 23(Fri)||
*Pick-up at Student Office counter: From Friday, Jan. 6
*Receive by mail: Certificates will be posted on Friday, Jan. 6
|Applications received from December 24(Sat)～December 26(Mon)||
*Pick-up at Student Office counter: From Monday, Jan. 9
*Receive by mail: Certificates will be posted on Monday, Jan. 9
|Applications received during the New Year holidays from December 27(Tue)～January 5(Thurs)||
*Pick-up at Student Office counter: From Wednesday, Jan. 11
*Receive by mail: Certificates will be posted on Wednesday, Jan. 11
*Students who are unable to pick-up their certificate at the Student Office counter by the start of the New Year holidays will have to wait until January 6, 2023 (Fri.) to pick it up.
*Certificates that are applied for after January 6, 2023 will be available for pick-up at the Student Office counter or mailed via post two business days after the application has been submitted. (Excluding days when the office is closed.)
3. Certificate Issuing Service at Convenience Stores
The certificate issuing service at convenience stores will be available throughout the New Year holidays. Apply online to print out certificates using the multifunction copy machine at convenience stores.
* This service cannot be used by students on a leave of absence or former students.
4. Student Discount Certificates
Student Discount Certificates can only be obtained via an Automatic Certificate Dispenser.Be sure to print out the Student Discount Certificates before Automatic Certificate Dispenser use is temporarily suspended if you intend to use a Student Discount Certificate during the New Year holidays.
- It is now possible for currently enrolled international students to issue a tuition payment receipt for their 2nd semester at APU onward. (Not possible for the first semester at APU.) Receipts may be issued for tuition paid after the 2020 Spring Semester. Click here for details.
- Certificate issuing service at convenience stores
APU’s certificate issuing service makes it possible for students (those with “regular enrolled student” or “study abroad” student status only) to print APU certificates at convenience stores in Japan or receive them by mail. *Details here. This service is not able to be used when taking a leave of absence or after you have graduated.
The Certificate Issuing Service (convenience stores/mail) will be temporarily suspended on April 1 and September 21 for data updates.
- It is possible to issue your Transcript of Academic Record that shows your grades up to the last semester (not the most recent one) from the date grades are released up to the start of the next semester. It will not be possible to issue an updated Transcript of Academic Record that has your grades from the most recent semester on it until the new semester begins.
- Students who are in their 9th semester or above must renew their student ID card every semester. You cannot use the Automatic Certificate Dispenser to issue certificates if your student ID card has expired.