Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University


Student Life

How to Request Certificates / Transcripts

Certificate issuing services temporarily suspended during the New Year holidays

The Student Office’s certificate issuing services will be temporarily suspended from December 25, 2021 to January 5, 2022

1.Usage Suspension Period

<Automatic Certificate Dispenser in front of the Student Office>
Usage suspended from 18:00 on December 24, 2021 until 9:00 on January 6, 2022.

<Automatic Certificate Dispenser in the APU Library>
Usage suspended from 18:00 on December 26, 2021 until 8:30 on January 6, 2022.

2.The following chart shows the dates the Student Office will mail certificates based on the date the certificate request was received by survey, or via the online system.
This only applies to students who request to receive their certificate by postal mail.

Date Received Student Office Mailing Date
(1) Received by Dec. 22 Mailed by December 24, 2021
(2) Received on Dec. 23 Mailed on Jan. 6, 2022
(3) Received on Dec. 24 Mailed on Jan. 7, 2022
(4) Received during the New Year Holidays Mailed on or after Jan. 11, 2022

3.Certificate Issuing Service at Convenience Stores

The certificate issuing service at convenience stores will be available throughout the New Year holidays. Apply online first and print out certificates using the multifunction copy machine at convenience stores.
* The service will shut down for maintenance for roughly half a day during this period.

4.Student Discount Certificates

Student Discount Certificates can only be obtained via an Automatic Certificate Dispenser.Be sure to print out the Student Discount Certificates before Automatic Certificate Dispenser use is temporarily suspended if you intend to use a Student Discount Certificate during the New Year holidays.

■It is now possible for currently enrolled international students to issue a tuition payment receipt for tuition paid from the 2020 Spring Semester onward. Click here for details. Please apply via survey for a Certificate of Tuition Payment if you need an official certificate.

■The Certificate Issuing Service (Convenience stores/Mail) will be temporarily suspended on April 1 and September 21 to update data.
* It will be possible to apply for certificates from the afternoon of September 23 once the Fall Semester begins.

■Certificate issuing service at convenience stores commenced from December 2020
APU’s certificate issuing service makes it possible for students (those with “regular enrolled student” or “study abroad” student status) to print APU certificates at convenience stores in Japan or receive them by mail. As of the present, students on a leave of absence and alumni are unable to print certificates at convenience stores. We plan to make this service available to a wider range of students in the future. *Details here.

■It is possible to issue your Transcript of Academic Record that shows your grades up to the last semester (not the most recent one) from the date grades are released up to the start of the next semester. Please be aware that your updated Transcript of Academic Record that has your grades from the most recent semester will not be able to be issued until the new semester begins.

■Information on Student Discount Certificates here.

■Students who are in their 9th semester or above must renew their student ID card every semester. You cannot use the Automatic Certificate Dispenser if your student ID card has expired.