FLAG - FeLlow Advisory Group
FLAG is an organization of reliable sempai. The first sempai the new students will meet.
We provide support for incoming students during their orientation period. Our activities range from planning welcome events to explaining rules and giving information that students need to be successful in their lives both on and off campus. Through our activities, we develop initiative, teamwork, and leadership skills. If you have any questions, "Just ask me!"
Recruiting for FLAG
Now Recruiting 2024 Spring FLAG Members!
We are currently recruiting students for FLAG (Fellow Advisory Group; new student orientation leaders) for 2024 Spring Semester. If you would like to help new students and share your experiences here at APU, please attend one of the guidance sessions and submit your application before the deadline.
1. Role of FLAG
Provide support to new students to help them ease into college life and the environment at APU.
- Organize and run some of the orientation sessions for new students. (Student Life Guidance, Course Registration Q&A Session, etc.)
- Plan and manage welcome events and projects that provide support for new students.
- Other activities as required.
3. Activity Schedule
Wed, January 17, 6th Period, 18:00-19:40
FLAG Training Session:
Thu, February 29 and Fri, March 1 (all day)
Mon, Mach 4 – Fri, March 22 (weekdays 10:00-16:30)
Mon, March 25 – Fri, April 5 (all day) (Tentative)
Fri, April 5 (Tentative)
- 1. FLAG Meeting:
Approximately 20 students
5. Participation Requirements
Applicants must meet all the following conditions:
- 1. Must be a regular undergraduate student (Graduate students who received their undergraduate degree from APU are eligible to apply. Short-term exchange students are not eligible).
- 2. Must be able to attend all activities listed in the activity schedule above.
- 3. Must be able to communicate in both English and Japanese.
- 4. Must be a team player with a positive attitude and be willing to assume responsibilities until FLAG ends.
- 5. Must be able to come to campus to participate in face-to-face FLAG activities including the first meeting in January.
- 6. Students with valid work permits (international students only)
6. Application Schedule
Step 1: Attend the FLAG Recruiting Guidance
- Monday, November 13, 6th Period (6:00pm~) Face-to-Face @J102
Wednesday, November 15, 4th Period (2:20pm-) Online
Zoom ID: 987 3305 9427
- *Please participate in either one.
- *The guidance video will remain on the FLAG Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/APUFLAG). Students unable to watch the livestream may watch the archived guidance session on the FLAG Facebook page.
- *2024 Spring Semester FLAG duties will differ from those in previous semesters. Students who did not watch the guidance session are able to apply, however, please be aware of what is expected of FLAG members prior to applying.
Step 2: Online Application
Complete the online application by 10:00 on Wednesday, November 29.
- *Applications will officially open after the guidance session on November 13.
- Results will be announced Thursday, December 7. Notification will be sent to the Action Required section of your Campus Terminal account.
Step 3: Interview
Applicant interviews will take place in one of the interview time slots during Wednesday, December 13 to Friday, December 15, between the 2nd and 5th periods.
- Final results will be announced Thursday, December 21. Results will be sent to the Action Required section of your Campus Terminal account.
- Remuneration will be paid to FLAG members who successfully complete all the required activities, however, please be aware that this is not a part-time job when applying.