Guide on what to do prior to moving into AP House
The following information is very important for students who will be moving into AP House.
Please be sure to read all the information carefully before preparing to move in.
- 1. AP House Moving-in information
- 2. AP House Usage Rules
- 3. AP House Mission and Values, and Competencies
- 4. Floor Meetings, KD (Kitchen Duty) For residents at AP House 1-2, 5
- 5. What you need to know when living at AP House: About Japanese Law, AP House Rules
- 6. Moving-in date registration for Domestic Students, and Registration for Arrival Assistance Service for International Students
1. AP House Moving-in information
Please visit the following URL for detailed information.
2. AP House Usage Rules
Please be sure to check the AP House Usage Rules as they are very important when moving into AP House.
After moving in, you will be requested to submit a written pledge.
4. Floor Meetings, KD (Kitchen Duty) For residents at AP House 1-2, 5
Once a month each floor has a Floor Meeting; the aim is to enable information exchange between AP House residents and the university, while also providing information necessary to live as a member of AP House and the local community. Additionally, it provides an opportunity to reaffirm AP House rules. Attending the Floor Meetings is compulsory for all AP House residents.
AP House community life workshop
Whether living your life at AP House or in the community, you are required to understand the rules and regulations, and to figure out on your own how you should act. You will learn what you need to know to live as a citizen of Japan and of Beppu City, and develop skills essential to leading your life as a member of the community.
The communal kitchens are cleaned daily by two to three students from each floor on a rotating basis. In addition to learning how to keep your living environment hygienic, KD also helps build a relationship of trust with those around you, as you take on your role as a resident of AP House in cooperating to create a comfortable living environment.
5. What you need to know when living at AP House: About Japanese Law, AP House Rules
6. Moving-in date registration for Domestic Students, and Registration for Arrival Assistance Service for International Students
It is still being prepared