We are now accepting applications for the BEGIN Jr. Program, which will be held from August 7 to August 9, 2021.
Basic Education Growing Infinity Nexus, or the BEGIN Jr. Program, is a program based on the concept of "infinite mutual growth through basic learning at APU." The BEGIN Jr. Program is a three-day online program that aims to help students learn the skills and attitudes necessary to become global citizens. Participants will learn a variety of skills through five missions, and in the end will use these skills to design an image of their future ten years from now.
1. What kind of participants are we looking for?
- People who want to rethink their future paths.
- People who want to deepen their self-understanding.
- People who are eager to learn new things and find enjoyment in doing so.
- People who want to take positive action.
- People who want to connect with others with high aspirations.
2. What skills will you learn during the program?
Through discussions with participants from various backgrounds, acquire the skills necessary to facilitate discussions.
Understanding of diversity
Be able to accept and respect different values and ways of thinking.
Be able to work together as part of a team to achieve a single goal and be able to accomplish things with a sense of responsibility until the end.
Ability to find and solve problems
Be able to consciously observe your surroundings, discover problems, pursue the causes of the problems, and work to solve them.
Become familiar with public speaking and acquire the skills necessary to give effective presentations.
3. Eligibility Requirements
Number of applicants: 48
- Applicants must be able to use a computer to participate in the program (no smartphones).
- Since the mission will be carried out using online tools such as Zoom and Miro, participants must use a computer or tablet to participate in the program. An adequate internet connection is also required to participate.
Sunday, July 25, 2021, 18:00–
BEGIN Jr. Program
Saturday, August 7, 2021, 09:00–19:00
Sunday, August 8, 2021, 09:00–18:00
Monday, August 9, 2021, 09:00–18:30
5. Participation fee
10,000 yen (tax included)
6. Application period
Monday, May 31, 2021–Wednesday, June 30, 2021
7. How to apply
Please submit your application via the survey below during the above application period.
If you have any questions about this program, please contact the following.
Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University
Office of Domestic Admissions
Phone: 0977-78-1120 (09:00–17:30, weekdays)
Contact: Morisawa, Shiga, or Nakane