Student Life

Former Students

Former students who require certificates must complete the online application procedures. You can choose to either print out the certificate at a convenience store or have it sent to you by postal mail.

Certificate Issuing Service (Convenience Stores / Mail)

Certificates Issued
This service allows students to print out certificates at will using the multifunctional copy machines in convenience stores in Japan (7-ELEVEN, FamilyMart, and Lawson).
*This service is not available at Japanese convenience stores located overseas.

Please request to have the certificate sent by mail in the following cases.

  • You need APU to put the certificate in sealed envelope
  • You need APU to send the certificate directly to an external organization or company

Service Use

<Application for use>
Former students must apply to use the certificate issuing service for the first time.
The applicant will be able to use the service once APU approves the application. *You do not need to apply to use the service from the second time onward.
Please click here for information on how to apply for use.
* Please note that it may take a few days to approve your application as applications are processed in the order of receipt during office hours.

Please be careful not to select a college/graduate school of Ritsumeikan University when applying for use.
If you select the wrong college/graduate school, your application will be rejected and you will need to re-apply.
Please refer to the following list of APU colleges and graduate schools.

学部 Undergraduate
アジア太平洋学部 College of Asia Pacific Studies
アジア太平洋マネジメント学部 College of Asia Pacific Management
国際経営学部 College of International Management
サステイナビリティ観光学部 College of Sustainability and Tourism
大学院 Graduate School
アジア太平洋研究科博士前期課程 Graduate School of Asia Pacific Studies Master's Program
経営管理研究科修士課程 Graduate School of Management Master's Program
アジア太平洋研究科博士後期課程 Graduate School of Asia Pacific Studies Doctoral Program

Applying for Certificates

  • Log in with the user ID and password that you obtained when applying for use and select the method of receipt (convenience store or postal mail).
  • Select the type of certificate, language you want it printed in, and number of copies you need, and pay the fee.
  • If you choose to have the certificate issued at a convenience store, print the certificate using the multi-copy machine in the convenience store.

*Please contact the Student Office before completing your application if you wish to have other certificates issued.
Contact: Please title your email as “Application for Certificate Issuance”

Internet Explorer not supported.

*Service Information

  • Certificates, including the university seal, are printed in black and white, however, are considered by the university to be an official university-issued certificate. The words “copies prohibited” will appear if you attempt to make a copy of a certificate. Although the words may be somewhat visible on the original certificate itself, this does not indicate a printing problem.
  • Service available 24 hours a day/365 days a year
    (Service will be temporarily suspended on April 1 and September 21. There may be additional cases where service is suspended due to system maintenance.)
  • Printing Restrictions
    *Please check the printing deadline in the "Certificate ready to be issued" email you will receive after you apply.
  • Sealed Envelopes
    Please choose to have the certificate mailed to you by post if you need it to be in a sealed envelope.
  • Certificates to be Submitted to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan
    The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan will not accept certificates printed at convenience stores. If you need to submit a certificate to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, please choose to have the university send you the certificate by mail when applying. Additionally, leave a note in the comments section of the application to let the university know that you will be submitting the certificate to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
  • Contact information and service manuals here.

Certificates Issued

Certificate Former Students
Regular Non-Regular
Grad/Comp Withdrew Exchange complete
Certificate of Graduation/Completion
Transcript of Academic Record
Certificate for period of registration
Others Teaching Certificate Program

Please fill out the following "Application for Certificate Issuance" and attach it to your application via e-mail.
Certificate Request Form

Certificateof Payment
Scholarship Certificate
Special Request Certificates


Fees Certificate Issuing Service
(Convenience Store)
Certificate Issuing Service (Mail)
Issuance fee 300 yen/per copy 300 yen/per copy
System usage fee 250 yen/per use 250 yen/per use
Printing fee 20 yen/per copy
Postage fee Rates below

*An additional fee will be charged for shipping.

  • Domestic Mail (Letter Pack 370) 370 yen
  • Overseas Mail (EMS etc.)
    First Zone – China, South Korea, Taiwan 1,450 yen
    Second Zone – Asia (excluding China, South Korea, Taiwan) 1,900 yen
    Third Zone – Oceania, Canada, Mexico, Middle East, Europe 3,150 yen
    Fourth Zone – U.S. (including Guam and other U.S. territories) 3,900 yen
    Fifth Zone – Central and South America (excluding Mexico), Africa 3,600 yen

Payment Method

Application Format Available Payment Methods
Certificate Issuing Service
(Convenience Stores/Mail)
Credit Card *Please complete the Certificate Issuing Service System payment procedures.
Convenience Store Payment

*Cash and postal money orders will not be accepted.
*We are unable to refund the fee once you have paid. Be sure to confirm your application contents carefully before paying.

Terms of Use

By using the certificate issuing service at convenience stores, you are deemed to have agreed to the following terms of use.
Terms of “Net Print” Service (7-ELEVEN)
* Available in Japanese only
Terms of “Network Print” Service (FamilyMart and LAWSON)
* Available in Japanese only


Please address any inquiries regarding use of the certificate issuing service (convenience store/postal mail) or how to use the multifunctional copy machines, etc to the help desk below.
Uchida Shomeishō Gakugai Hakkō Service Help Desk (Call Center)
0120-954-993 9:00~23:00 (Available weekdays as well as Saturdays, Sundays, and national holidays) *Assistance available in Japanese only.
You will be required to provide personal information when inquiring at the Help Desk (Call Center).
Please refer to the following link for details on how personal information is handled.
* Available in Japanese only

How to Use the Multi-copy Machine at a Convenience Store

7-ELEVEN details: ※Available in Japanese only
FamilyMart and LAWSON details: ※Available in Japanese only

Please direct all other certificate-related inquiries to the Student Office.
Student Office

Name Changes on Certificates

When you apply for a certificate, the name listed on the certificate will be the name that the university has in our student records.
If you would like to have the name listed on certificates changed due to a legal name change or for other reasons, please download the form below and send it by email or post.
Although it is possible to have the name you want listed on certificates changed, the university will not change the name we have in our records and will not be able to reissue your graduation diploma with your new name.
If you apply to have your name listed on certificates changed, please be aware that it will not match with the name listed on your diploma.
Please note that it typically takes 1-2 weeks to complete the name change procedures on our end.

  • Request for Name Change DOWNLOAD
  • Copy of an official document that shows your name before and after the name change will be required.

Address:〒874-8577 1-1 Jumonjibaru, Beppu City, Oita, Japan
Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University, Student Office