1．Arrival Assistance Service
The university provides an Arrival Assistance Service for new AP House residents to get to AP House from Fukuoka Airport.
- [Service period]
- March 22 (Wed.) – 24 (Fri.), 2023
- [Meeting times at Fukuoka airport]
- 09:30, 13:30, 16:30
- [Bus departure times (to AP House)]
- 10:00, 14:00, 17:00
- [Meeting place at Fukuoka airport]
- Arrival lobby of Fukuoka Airport International Terminal MAP *The meeting place has been changed.
Students who arrive at Fukuoka Airport on a domestic flight should use the free shuttle service to get to the International Terminal.
- The bus departure times to AP House are estimates. Please follow the instructions of representatives, as schedules are subject to change depending on the situation.
- If you are unable to arrive in time to board the bus departing at 17:00, please arrange to stay overnight at a hotel close to the airport, and either board the bus departing to AP House to next day, or travel independently to AP House using public transportation. In this case, you will need to pay for your accommodation and/or transportation expenses.
- Only students can use the Arrival Assistance Service. Accompanying family members or friends are not eligible for the service.
- Luggage that can be carried on the bus is limited to one suitcase (total dimensions ＜length + height + width＞ must be within 158 cm) and one carry-on bag. Please take note of this, especially if you plan to bring a larger suitcase (more than 158 cm) or two or more suitcases. If there is not sufficient storage space for your luggage on the bus, you may be asked to send excess luggage to AP House via a prepaid courier service from the arrival lobby of the airport. In this case, you will need to pay for the courier fees.
If you are arriving at an airport other than Fukuoka Airport, please travel to AP House independently. In this case, you will need to pay for your transportation expenses. For more information on travel to AP House, please check the links below.
From Fukuoka Airport to AP House 1・2, 5
From Fukuoka Airport to AP House 4
From Oita Airport to AP House 1・2, 5
From Oita Airport to AP House 4
- Students who arrive at Fukuoka Airport on a domestic flight should use the free shuttle service to get to the International Terminal.
Students who cannot move in during the Arrival Assistance Service period
Students who, due to personal or other circumstances, cannot move in during the period when the Arrival Assistance Service is offered, are asked to move in during the period outlined below. Please travel to AP House independently. In this case, you will need to pay for your transportation expenses.
As the orientations for new enrollees will start from March 27, English-basis students are asked to move in by March 26. (The Japanese placement test will be held on March 27)
- [Moving-in period]
- March 25 (Sat.) – March 27 (Mon.), 2023
- [Moving-in hours]
- ■Undergraduate students
- Security Office of AP House 1-2, 5 (the building you are moving into)
- ■Graduate students and international exchange students
- Security Office of AP House 4
＜Make sure you check the YouTube video below＞
Moving-in Information – For Residents of AP House 1-2
Items needed when moving in
・ID (health insurance card or passport)
Toiletries, clothing, footwear (outdoor and indoor), towels, clothes hangers, cooking utensils (if you plan to cook), laundry equipment (laundry detergent is available), thermometer, first-aid kit (home medication [such as cold medicines, fever reducers, and pain relievers], band-aids, wet compresses, etc.)
* Information regarding AP House building assignments will be announced via email approximately three days before the moving-in date.
* Residents will be informed of their room number on the day they move in. Please note that room numbers cannot be provided earlier.
[Registration for Arrival Assistance Service, registration of AP House moving-in date]
Please register your moving-in date here. Students are asked to complete their registration by Friday, March 10 at 9:00 a.m. The information provided in the registration survey will be used to make preparations to welcome new students to the dormitory, etc.
* If you wish to change your moving-in date after registering, please resubmit the registration survey.
2．Japan border (immigration) measures
■Quarantine measures for travelers entering Japan,
[Travelers from China]
From January 12 (Thu.), 2023, all travelers and returnees coming from China (including Macau, but excluding Hong Kong) by direct flight are required to submit a certificate of negative result of pre-departure COVID-19 test, regardless of whether they have a valid vaccination certificate. Travelers and returnees that test positive in the on-arrival test must comply with the directions of the quarantine station director, and will need to self-quarantine in an accommodation facility designated by the quarantine station director or other location.
For more information, please check the link below.
[Travelers from countries and regions other than China]
With the exception of travelers and returnees coming from China who present symptoms associated with COVID-19 infection, all other travelers and returnees may in principle enter Japan without taking an on-arrival test, and are not required to (1) self-quarantine in locations such as their own residence or accommodation facilities after arrival, (2) conduct a health follow-up during the quarantine period, or (3) refrain from using public transportation.
However, all travelers and returnees must provide either a valid COVID-19 vaccination certificate of three doses of vaccines on the Emergency Use List of World Health Organization (WHO), or a certificate of negative result of pre-departure COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours prior to departing from the original country.
|Registration on Visit Japan Web service||Valid vaccination certificate||Pre-departure test certificate||On-arrival test||Post-arrival isolation|
*Make sure you register on the Visit Japan Web system, and register in advance for the quarantine procedure. The Visit Japan Web system is an online service for quarantine, immigration, and customs procedures.
Immigration procedures to enter Japan may change without notice, so please always check the latest information.
■“New Japanese Border Measures” by the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare
3．Request for enrollment in overseas travel accident insurance
All students (traveling from overseas to Japan) must enroll in overseas travel accident insurance in their home country before traveling to Japan to ensure they can smoothly obtain medical care from Japanese hospitals if they fall ill or are injured after entering Japan. We request that you enroll in overseas travel accident insurance for a period of roughly two weeks starting from the date you enter Japan. Please note that, depending on the timing of a hospital visit, you may have to pay high medical fees.
4．Shipping luggage in advance
Students residing in countries or regions other than Japan
Students residing in countries or regions other than Japan are asked to send their luggage after their entry date to Japan is finalized After entering Japan, students who are requested to self-quarantine for a certain period by the Japanese government can send their luggage to AP House after their quarantine period is concluded (in this case, you will need to pay for postage fees). Students who decide to send their luggage should address it to themselves and send it to their AP House building. They should ensure the luggage arrives on or after their moving-in date.
(1) Students need to write their application number and name in roman letters.
(2) Students can send up to two boxes (total dimensions per box ＜length + height + width＞ must be within 120cm).
AP House 1 and 2 (Undergraduate students)
AP House 2, Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University
1-2 Jumonjibaru (Uchikamado), Beppu, Oita 874-0011
AP House 5 (Undergraduate students)
AP House 5, Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University
1-5 Jumonjibaru (Uchikamado), Beppu, Oita 874-0011
AP House 4 (Graduate students and international exchange students)
AP House 4 (graduate students and international exchange students)
APU PLAZA OITA (AP House 4)
11-8 Kyomachi, Beppu, Oita 874-0926
5．Health Care Requests before moving into AP House
Prior to moving in, students are asked to refrain from behaviors and actions that may increase their risk of infection, such as eating, drinking, and singing karaoke with people they do not live with, and staying at friends’ homes.
In addition, students who are scheduled to move into AP House should carefully monitor their health in the week leading up to the moving-in date, so they are healthy on the day in question.
Students who have a fever or feel unwell (e.g., experiencing symptoms such as coughing, breathlessness, extreme fatigue, a sore throat, or loss of smell or taste) in the two days prior to their moving-in date, should visit a nearby medical facility or contact the APU Health Clinic at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students who have a fever or feel unwell are asked to postpone their entry into Japan, and enter Japan and move into AP House after they have fully recovered.
Students who are found to have a fever or appear to be unwell on the moving-in date, may not be allowed to enter the dormitory and may be asked to seek accommodation outside of AP House.
Students who are a close contact of someone with COVID-19 are asked to postpone their entry into Japan and the date on which they are scheduled to move into AP House.
6．Parents, guardians, or other individuals accompanying residents may not enter AP House
Entering AP House is currently restricted to residents and staff to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Parents, guardians, and other individuals accompanying residents are welcome to come by car on the premises and help unload luggage, but are prohibited from entering AP House at this time. The University asks for everyone’s understanding and cooperation.
Orientations for spring 2023 new enrollees are scheduled to start from Monday, March 27.
For more information on orientations, please check the Student Office homepage.
*The Japanese placement test and hiragana session for English-basis students is scheduled on Monday, March 27.
English-basis students are asked to complete the moving-in procedures by Sunday, March 26.
- AP House 1-2
Outline of AP House – Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University (apu.ac.jp)
- AP House 4
- AP House 5 (website under construction)
Preventative measures against COVID-19 in AP House
Makes sure to check the following YouTube videos.
Preventative measures against COVID-19 at APU
Please check the following.
8．For inquiries about AP House
Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University Student Office (AP House Office)
*For inquiries not related to AP House, please check the link below. [List of APU offices] https://en.apu.ac.jp/home/contents/contact.html/