Important Notice: APU to offer online campus visits (Updated March 30, 2021)
Because of the situation with the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) both in Japan and overseas, Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University stopped accepting new registrations for campus visits in March 2020. In order to accommodate those who want to know more about APU and the APU campus, the university will begin accepting applications for online campus visits. For more information, please refer to this page.
Members of the general public will continue to be prohibited from entering the APU campus.
We ask for your understanding, and apologize for any inconvenience.
* For high school teachers and students thinking of taking the university entrance examination, the university offers other events such as Open Campus. For information about Open Campus events, please see 3. High-School Teachers and Prospective Students of APU below.
1.Online Exchange Meeting
You can also experience an exchange meeting with APU students online.
*Advance booking is required.
1) Online Exchange Meeting schedule
- Sign in to Zoom for the exchange meeting.
- 10:35 to 10:40
- Pre-meeting between the representative of the participants and APU students.
- 10:40 to 11:10
- Introduction of students’ home countries and study abroad experiences.
- 11:10 to 11:40
- Activities provided by the participants (presentation, questions and answers, and discussion with APU students).
- End of the meeting.
* You are asked to plan what you would like to do or talk about with our students and who will preside over the meeting before you join the Online Exchange Meeting.
* Our students do not offer a plan for the exchange meeting and will not be in charge of directing it.
2) How to book an Online Exchange Meeting
* Before you take part in an exchange meeting with APU students, be sure to read “Exchange Meeting with APU Students and Important Information” (←click the title to download it to your computer) (Available in Japanese only).
* For high school teachers and students thinking of taking the university entrance examination, the university offers events such as Open Campus. For information about Open Campus events, please see 3. High-School Teachers and Prospective Students of APU below.
2. Online Campus Visits for colleges, universities, public/governmental organizations, and companies/corporate entities
Online Campus Visits will be held according to the schedule below.
1) Program dates for academic year 2021
Thursday, June 17, 13:00 to 15:00
Application deadline: Wednesday, June 9
Thursday, July 15, 13:00 to 15:00
Application deadline: Wednesday, July 7
Thursday, November 11, 13:00 to 15:00
Application deadline: Thursday, November 4
Thursday, December 16, 13:00 to 15:00
Application deadline: Wednesday, December 8
In order to accommodate more organizations, up to four (4) people per organization may participate in the program.
2) Online Campus Visit Schedule
- Sign in to the Zoom meeting for the campus visit.
- 13:00 to 13:30
- Introduction to APU and a general overview of the university.
- 13:30 to 13:50
- Answers to questions received from institutions prior to the orientation.
- 13:50 to 14:00
- 14:00 to 15:00
- Online Campus Tour and discussion with APU students.
- End of the meeting.
3) How to book an Online Campus Visit
Please visit the Booking Request website here , and fill out an application form.
Participants will need the Zoom application to take part in the online campus visitation program. Successful applicants will receive the meeting ID and passcode via email at a later date.
4) Other information
Depending on the number of participants and the number of questions, some attendees may not be able to get an answer to their questions.
Taking photographs or making audio or video recordings of the Online Campus Visit is prohibited. Sharing the Online Campus Visit Zoom meeting URL and text without permission is also prohibited.
3. High-School Teachers and Prospective Students of APU
For teachers of high-schools and students who are thinking of taking the university entrance examination and wish to visit our campus, please call us.
APU Admission’s Office / Phone: +81-977-78-1120
Besides campus visits, we offer other events, such as Open Campus, for those who are considering to take the entrance examination of APU. For more information, please visit the admissions website .
4. Other precautions
We appreciate your bookings early on since we expect lots of them.
We are sorry but we cannot accept applications made by intermediary agents including travel agencies. A representative of the group is recommended to submit the application directly to APU at the earliest possible date.